temple


Sunday, December 28, 2008

A glimpse into my own funeral

It's Sunday morning and Dani and the girls went to hear Brandon and Lisa talk in their Sacrament meeting. I am getting ready to head over to the church one last time as Bishop of the Mt. Jordan 3rd ward. I am getting ready to do everything today, one last time, as bishop. All the preparations have been made for the next bishop to take over. I have nostalgic feelings about my time as bishop and the things we have been able to do in the ward. I have really enjoyed serving and will truly miss the calling-I know, weird.
To update those who don't know, I am being released because my family is moving. Hence the name, Always on the go. I have been commissioned by the United States Air Force as a 1st Lt. I will be serving in the Air Force as a social worker. We are moving to Wichita Falls, Tx (two hours north of Dallas, in case you were wondering) and will be stationed at Shephard Air Force Base. I leave in three weeks from today for Commissioned Officer Training. I will be there for four weeks and then will come back and get my family and we begin our new adventure.
I feel honored to be able to serve my country, but I am not afraid to admit I am a little nervous about taking my family 1100 miles away to start a new life. Fortunately, the Church has two wards in Wichita Falls. Fortunately, there is a strong brotherhood in the military. Fortunately, my family will be with me.
Take Care,

Dave

2 comments:

Kristen Weller said...

Hey, once you get settled, we're going to be one of the first to visit! And I bet that bishop over there is thanking his lucky stars to have a 31 year-old high priest, former bishop. I mean, how lucky can he get?

Wendy said...

You'll be missed, but life has a way of coming full circle, and you never know...your path might bring you back this way...or at least allow you to cross paths with many you know and love from here. MOST of my experiences in Texas have been good! You are NOT allowed to root for the Cowboys, though. I hate the Cowboys..oh...OR any Texas football teams! Go Utes!