temple


Sunday, May 24, 2009

Jan and Feb-COT and Moving and Family Time

So in Jan on the 11th, Dave left for COT or Commissioned Officer's Training, for five weeks in Alabama. This was a trying time for me personally, being left with packing up everything so that we could move to Texas, sell the car and trailer and making sure that we had all the papers we needed. I was a little overwhelmed and could not have done it without my amazing family. Thanks to Grandma Great and mom and all my sister's that helped me with my two beautiful daughter's.


Madie pushing Emma in a car around grandma's kitchen


Aunt Lisa getting as much time with the neice's and nephew as possible.





We were able to go to the Draper Temple open house and walk through the temple. What an experience for AJ and Madie. I was also able to volunteer there as a nurse on the medical team. That was such a neat experience. How blessed we were in Utah to have the temples so close to us. Take advantage to go as often as you can.



SO I need to thank BJ and kids, Brandon and Lisa, and Stacy, Lindsay, Ana and my mom and dad for helping me pack up everything and move it into the haven so that the movers could repack everything. I really could not have done it without you all.



SO this is what it looked like when the movers came and repacked everything. I thought that it was Dave's doing to have the Ute moving truck come and get us.



Thanks to Lisa for a great night for Austyn and myself. She got us some tickets to the Ute gymnastic meet against, BYU, SUU and Texas Women's University (yes we have driven past this school since being here in Texas). IT was a lot of fun and yes we cheered for both BYU and the Utes. Thanks Lisa.


Dave's COT graduation

In Jan Dave left for COT where he was put in a "flight" with 13 people. They became really close and great friends. In fact one of the girls in his class is now living across the street from us. I flew out on Wed night and was able to have dinner with Dave and then the next day sit in on a spouse day. It was very informative. It was fun to see what Dave had been doing for the last 5 weeks. That night we went to a dining out formal dinner. I was able to dress up in a formal wear and meet Dave who was wearing his Mess Dress blue's which is a tux. He looked mighty nice. It was fun to have to dress up. That night Dave's mom Sherri and brother BJ flew in to come to the graduation. It was nice to have them there. At the grauation, they marched on the parade field and took the oath of an officer again. It was really nice. We flew home the next night and got ready for the long drive to Texas.

2 comments:

Jana said...

So funniest thing ever...me, Kristin, and Kelci were at the gymnastic's meet the same night as you. I just thought that was funny, hope you're loving Texas!

Karlie said...

Love the posts! Miss you guys. Hope all is well.