temple


Monday, May 25, 2009

Road trip to Texas, our house and friends


Aunt Becky brought the girls to meet us at the airport and surprise Daddy. Emma, who is a daddy's girl wasn't to sure what to think about it. AJ couldn't stop hugging him.




Grandma Jessie came with us to Texas, we loved having her with us. I know that it was hard for her more so when she found out that her dear friend Gladis had passed away. Emma wasn't to sure about the long days. Austyn loving the adventure for now. Mom we sure appreciate everything that you have done for us. Thanks for coming with us.



Somewhere in New Mexico, we got a flat tire. I think this was a very humbling experience. The cirle on the tire is where the hole was. We were blessed that it wasn't worse and that a trucker pulled up next to us and let us know that we had a flat tire.




So mom came with us to help me unpack. Our stuff didn't show up until after mom came. This gave us time just to spend together. We found the bowling lanes on base and now every Wed. we go bowling for only $1 for AJ to bowl and $1.50 for each pair of shoes. WE love it.



This is a picture of AJ outside the Dallas Temple. We found the temple after we dropped mom off at the airport. That was a hard day. The only comfort was going to the temple, Costco and IKEA.


This is our stuff that the mover's brought right into our garage. I love having a garage. That is Sydney Briggs, AJ's best friend here in Texas.



This is Emma's room.



This is AJ's room. Yes her closet is huge!!!




This is the bathroom upstairs in the hall. AJ was our decorator with help from Grandma Jessie. I love it. It is also our Laundry room with my beautiful washer and dyer.


The master bedroom, bathroom and closet. I do enjoy the large closet that we have.



This is our downstairs, kitchen, garage, and our tornado room. Can't wait for the shelving to come. Time to save.



SO We went ot Dallas to go back to Costco and Ikea and bought a little larger dresser the what we had before and I slammed the door shut at Costco shattering our back window. Dave just stood there and laughed while I bawled like a baby. It was Sat night at 5pm and everything was closed. Not fun, but I did feel like I fit in the small redneck town's of Texas and the trailer homes.



These are our wonderful friends here in Texas. Lyndi and Byron Briggs with their 5 kids; Sydney (6), Sam (5) Emma's boyfriend, Seth (5), Sadie (5), and Sophie (5). Yes they are quads. There is also Amy and Zac with their 2 boys, Mitchell (4), and Jackson (3), another one of Emma's boyfriend. I don't know what I would do without Lyndi and Amy. I am so greatful for good friends. Love you guys.

4 comments:

Kristen Weller said...

What would life be without so many car-related adventures?! :)

Treasure said...

We love it!! We can't wait to come and see it in person. Thanks for all the pictures. We love you all and can't wait until aug.

Karlie said...

It does not surprise me one bit that you guys have already made friends. That is so great. I love the settled in pictures! Cute house! And I couldn't help but laugh about the broken window story. Gosh, I would have just about died if that were to happen to us. HA!

britt said...

I'm glad your there safe and doing good!