temple


Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blogs and self-improvement

So, I originally started this blog with the intent of sharing my deepest, innermost thoughts and Dani turned it into an online scrapbook. Thank goodness. My deepest, innermost thoughts usually revolve around self-improvement (I would not profess to be a disciple of Stephen R. Covey, but definitely a believer), religion and again self-improvement.
I have been trying to plan the rest of the year and frighteningly, the year is almost all planned. Being bishop requires me to try and plan ahead and make minor adjustments along the way.

I have been reading two books lately: Principle Centered Leadership by Stephen R. Covey (I know) and Broken things to mend by Jeffrey R. Holland.
In Covey's book he mentions 8 characteristics that people possess who live principle centered lives:
1. They are continually learning
2. They are service-oriented
3. they radiate positive energy
4. They believe in other people
5. They lead balanced lives
6. They see life as an adventure
7. They are synergistic
8. They exercise for self-renewal

I don't know who exactly will read this, but just in case you find yourself wishing you lead a more principle centered life. . .

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Treasure said...

Thanks Dave!! I am a big sucker for self-improvement as well. I do fell bad for Chris at times because I always try to drag him along with me.