temple


Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend

So Conference has come to a close and for those of you who know anything about this, that means enough food to put you in a turkey coma, somebody is snoring on the couch and great council from our Church's leaders.

Conference is definitely a highlight that I look forward to every 6 months. I always use some of the teachings and lessons in my counseling at work and as the Bishop of my ward.

There were a couple of talks on reverence and being better where you are no matter what the calling that really hit home. This afternoon when Pres. Packer spoke about Patriotism I felt especially humbled by that.

For those of you out there reading this and know me personally, know that I am applying for the Air Force. I am applying to work as a social worker for them and counsel military personnel and their families. I expect to hear sometime this week or next whether or not I was accepted and where we will be stationed.

Dani and I requested 7 different bases around the Western United States. We will see if any of those show up.

I have a lot of family, friends and ward members who do not want to see us move. Whatever happens, it is sure to be interesting to say the least.

Dani is having family come over today for cake and Ice cream for me, happy 31st on Wednesday.

Well, gotta run.

Dave

No comments: